Well, well, well. . . I'm finally back. So much to report so I'll just jump right in. First, thank goodness school has started! Katie's in her 3rd week and Avery just started this morning. She's going to a mother's day out program at a local church on Tu and Th from 9:30 - 2:30. Our regular schedule will be Eric dropping her off in the am and Aunt Debbie picking her up in the afternoon. I decided that I needed to drop her off at least the first morning so the ladies in her class got the right information; you all know I love Eric dearly, but can men really be relied upon to give accurate and complete information? I think not. So I drop off Avery and missed her so much even before I left the premises :( I love Debbie and can't think of a better person to take care of my little baby and genuinely appreciate all the help she's been, but the thought of Avery running to some person other than me when it's time to go home made me sad. But life's not fair. So anyway, Avery had a great first day: she slept, she played and she ate. I expected her to cry a little when it was time to me to go, but I don't think she even noticed me leaving. She was so cute just playing. She's jabbering alot! Lots of Mamamamama, dadadadadada, bababababa, etc. She's on the verge of walking; it can't be long before she will be unable to be corralled. You all need to make a trip up this way and lay eyes on her - we'd all love to see y'all!
Katie has started 5th grade! Man, do I feel old! She is riding the bus to and from school and coming home to get her chores and homework before Eric and I make it in. Typically, Eric will be here a couple of days and Debbie will pick her up and take her back to her house so Katie doesn't have to be by herself. Riding the bus and coming home like a "big girl" seemed like a great idea to Katie - she's been asking for it for several years now, but the idea is a little different from reality. When she calls me after she gets home, she's so lonesome and I receive no less than 1 call every 10 min or so. School is going ok for now, and she's doing a great job on getting her work done on her own at school and at home.
Katie says: My summer was great the only thing I would change is that summer would be longer. That does not mean I wanted to spend more time with my brothers. I do not exactly not want to spend time with them but I do not want to spend time with them if that makes sense? My time at Gran and PawPaw's was really fun. Church was fun everyday you got candy. Wednesday nights were slow, very slow. I had a really good friend whose name was Kaitlyn that I met at the Bee and Butterfly. She was crazy and fun just like me. Everyday we went swimming or bowling. Kaitlyn was really good at bowling, me, not so much. One time Gran made ice cream, home made ice cream! PawPaw and I had a bunch of donuts and ice cream - chocolate with chocolate syrup. I got to meet my second cousin, Jeanette and see Max and Jack. This one night Gran and I were babysitting Jared, Russell, Max and Jack. It was quite easy and we got to see a movie.
Can't upload anymore pictures, will try to add some in the next day or so.
Love and miss everyone!
K
No comments:
Post a Comment